Turmeric has amazing healing properties and has been used for at least 6000 years in India both internally and externally; Indian brides have long used it head to toe to brighten skin before their weddings
- Anti-bacterial properties help manage breakouts & acne
- Strong anti-oxidant properties balances sebum secretion and aids cleaning out pores
- Anti-inflammatory properties soothe redness
Will it stain my face?
The powerful antioxidants in turmeric give it the vibrant yellow colour and that may stain pale skin
I recommend testing how long to apply mask for on the inside of your arm. Leave for 1 minute, if no discolouration is observed leave for another 4 minutes; test again and keep it on up to 10 minutes to assess how long to leave mask on face.
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Half a teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Apply apple cider vinegar with cotton wool to whole face and wait 5 minutes before applying mask
- Mix turmeric and honey to make a paste and apply with clean hands or spatula, avoiding eye area
- Leave mask for time determined in skin test
- Rinse with warm water
- If yellowish tint is seen, use a milk-soaked cotton pad to go over stained areas
- Repeat the mask twice a week